Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday

It's pouring here and it doesn't look like it's going to let up until the end of the week. Blah! I 'd much rather be watching the sunrise on top of Mt. Haleakala this morning.
We're thinking of going back to Hawaii this October sans baby. The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry is holding their annual meeting in Honolulu. That means the Riz's program will cover the majority of his expenses and I want in. I really want to go. I wonder if I wouldn't just be miserable without the little guy for an entire week. It's kinda a long time and just thinking about it makes me sad. Can I cure my blues with sunshine and powdery white sand?

I considered taking him along for about 30 seconds until I remembered what an undertaking it was getting to Maui for our honeymoon 6 years ago. Fly to Atlanta. Transfer. Fly to L.A. Transfer. Not so bad, so far but the little inset on the world map is deceiving. It appears that Hawaii would be a short flight from the coast of Cali; not so. That took another 7 hours. Assuming we all made it there in one piece there's also the 6 hour time difference to contend with. No, no and no.

I have a couple of months to mull it over and I'll be doing just that. I dunno. It could be nice...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Osman said...

It's a 7 hour direct flight on United from Denver. You could pit stop here if you'd like, hang out for a few days, and then take the 2nd leg.

Would be great to see Manu.

Osman

Tahera said...

Hmmm. Not a bad idea. I'm definitely considering all options.

Osman said...

We'd have fun! This time, no bikes or long car trips with stinky dogs - I promise.

Unknown said...

You go for it girl!