Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Whole Foods



It's a beautiful thing. I have to smile every time I walk through those doors. Everything is just so pretty. I paid a visit early this morning. "Good Morning", the produce boy greeted me as he stacked nectarines in a perfect pyramid. "Good Morning", I replied... and actually meant it. He looked really happy to be surrounded by all that whole foodiness.
I'm not even 10 steps in the door and already distracted by the striped orchid bouquets. I have to remind myself 'Resident's salary. I'm here for the cat.'
The only bad thing about Whole Foods is that I can't afford to do all my shopping there. So I only grab the cat food today and get in the express line; the nine items or less line. The lady in front of me manages to rack up a bill of $90. I didn't see how many items she had, but best case scenario would make it an average $10 for each item! Yikes. I'll be sticking to toothpaste and cat food for awhile.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah...that's why some of us refer to the place as "Whole Paycheck." I love it too though, especially all the prepared foods. Ours has a hot isle salad bar with all Indian food. Oh dear. So good. So heavy when you weigh it at the check out.

It's nice of you to splurge on your cat though. I'm sure she appreciates it. Just like Oscar appreciates the home made food we make for him every week.

S

Tahera said...

Haha! Seriously, I've got to evaluate my priorities.