Monday, December 03, 2007

The Pink Project

Now that we know Peanut belongs to Team Blue, I'm all geared up to begin work on the nursery.
The pink walls have got to go. All of our house guests have attempted to describe the intensity of the current color. It's been refered to as "hot pink", "Barbie pink", and "80s pink"to name a few. It's easiest just to show the pictures and to note that it's so bright, there's no need for lights.

I had my heart set on a Serena and Lily bedding ensemble. After seeing the $600 price tag Riz vetoed it immediately. I know it's completely unreasonable and Peanut wouldn't know the difference... I do love it though. The problem with seeing the expensive bedding, is that everything that follows pales in comparison. Everything except the walls.

My issue with forgoing boutique shopping is not that I don't like saving money, but that I'm strictly opposed to themed rooms. I find rooms decked out in Looney Tunes, Winnie the Pooh , and the like completely repulsive. The light switch cover matches valance which matches the lampshade and the sheets and the mobile. Of course, most of the the big retailers boast shelves upon shelves of this crap.

After searching through countless of bad choices, I've decided to recreate the Serena and Lily bedding on a budget. A much much smaller budget. The challenge starts tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes. I'd call it Miami Vice Pink.

Decorating the nursery is fun. My only suggestion is to remember that the crib sheets should be durable and easy to wash since babies love to mess up all your hard work with their nasty gastrointestinal projectiles.

I heard about this thing called a miracle crib sheet that you can use as an overlay on top so you don;t have to re-do all the bedding every time. Might be worth it to have.

Tahera said...

Haha. Great advice. I'll definitely look into it. Thanks!

Nicholas said...

I just finished making over our nursery with all Serena & Lily designs.

We modeled the Rex Collection they have and made a few minor changes...with a nice chocolate brown motif -- stick with S&L -- you can't beat the quality once you have it!

Good luck!